I’m pretty proud of myself. Framed my first window. First i had to build a window sill, which had a couple tough angle cuts to get it straight in the angled bottom window frame. Then boxed the sashes in, and framed around. Built the top 2×2 to match the lower sill. Made all this stuff out of nice vertical grain douglas fir. Used Sikken’s stain, which is nice stuff. As you can see, i haven’t stained the interior doors yet.
That said, got in some of the hammered copper work goodies that Craftsman Hardware Company made for us…..
1) This is a mock up that shows what the interior door handles look like. I wanted to have the door handles hammered out, but wasn’t in my budget:
2) Matching electrical plates:
3) The mailbox is up:
4) And i hung up the house numbers. We now officially have an address:
New copper piping going from utility feeder and into the house:
Copper is going to a manifold system and i’ll run PEX for distribution. Running a variable btu Embassy Onex combo boiler w/ domestic hot water heat (98% efficient when it’s above 32F outside) exchanger, which is arriving next week. Boiler is because i’m running hydronic heating w/ old style cast iron radiators and radiant floor heating in the bathrooms.
All new gas lines have also been run under the house. 1″ from meter splits to boiler, under fireplace (im going to run a gas converter old coal heat stove) to stove and to back laundry room / enclosed patio.
I fully ripped out the kitchen and have been brainstorming layout:
I found a knot and tube electrical circuit in this wall w/ exposed wires (eaten apart by rodents) that i’m very suprised didnt arc over the years.
Also been installing new sash locks on the restored sash windows:
We had several holes in the floor throughout the house that had gas floor / wall heaters. Those were torn out and the floors had to be patched (pain in the ass) and the holes in the walls were patched:
Next week the front door, side gates and front fence panel that i had built (Real Carriage Door Company) will be arriving from WA state in a 900 pound crate that we have to pickup at the Con-Way Freight terminal. These same folks built the basement hatch doors (which i showed in my previous update, but have still yet to mount yet. I had to brainstorm a mechanism to help lift open (they’re damn heavy) and hold them open– i’m going to use car hood hinges… duh!)
Add comment November 11th, 2009